Friday, April 11, 2008

The Astrophilosopher's Beginning

The title of this blog is a job title I thought of as an undergraduate. While sitting on the grass reading German literature, probably with a physics textbook nearby, I realized that though I wanted to be a scientist, in particular an astronomer, I also had very strong right-brained tendencies (I wound up with a minor in Philosophy in addition to my Physics and Astronomy major). "Astrophilosopher" and "Metaphysicist" were two job titles I liked. But I am definitely not a physicist and even avoid the term astrophysicist as well. But I have wide ranging interests in philosophy, religion, literature, and such, so "Astrophilospher" seems fitting, ignoring an astrological connotations. So this blog will hopefully give me a creative outlet for some of those other areas. As this is sort of an introductory entry, I will likely update this as time goes on.

I will note that searching the web for "astrophilosopher" brought up the following result (or non-result), so I suppose there isn't much of a market for dreamers with their heads in the stars.

We couldn't find any jobs for astrophilosopher.

Please check the keyword terms you entered.

You can also try using some other keywords, or enter fewer words to expand your search.

http://jobs.myspace.com/a/ms-jobs/list/q-astrophilosopher

No comments: